This clam linguine is a wonderful dish if you are a clam lover. It’s quick and only requires a handful of ingredients.
I received this clam linguine entree recipe verbally from my mother-in-law. As such, the ingredient measurements have been established over my various attempts to make the dish. I’ve finally got it down to a science. The best part is that this recipe doesn’t require fresh clams (although you could use them) so you can buy the ingredients ahead of time and make this recipe when the mood strikes you. The flavor is amazing and if your family is anything like mine, you will be struggling to set aside left-overs. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
4 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 8 ounces dried linguine (or thin spaghetti if you like)
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced (I hop mine in my Vitamix on low)
- ½ tbsp of minced garlic
- 2-3 (6.5 ounce) cans clams, drained, with ½ cup juice reserved
- Juice of one lemon
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and cook the pasta until desired tenderness. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat then add the shallots (chopped) and minced garlic. Saute until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the clams and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the leftover clam juice, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Bring to simmer and cook for 4 minutes.
- Toss in the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy! Share your pics and tag them #AsiaMCRecipes
* I store this recipe in my cell phone using RecetteTek Android App *